playing catch up


I feel the need to play catch up just a bit with this blog. Last Fall our story began and on Saturday May 5, 2012 our lives were joined as one before our family and friends and most importantly before God. That day was beautiful, hot, but beautiful and so unbelievably joyful. So many people we love joined us that day and we are extremely grateful for the support and love we felt from all in attendance. There were those we love who were unable to be there and we are equally grateful for their presence in our lives and their support of our marriage.

Marriage has been a joy. On November 5 it will be 6 months since we became husband and wife. I know for myself and for Matt from talking with him it has been a daily learning experience. Studying my husband and being studied by him. Using what we've learned in the time (no matter how short) we've been together to put the other's needs above our own. It is a lovely process and I'm grateful that it is one of the ways God chooses to sanctify me to look more like His Son, Jesus.

Our honeymoon was incredible. Alaska is one of the most beautiful places I've ever laid eyes on. I was convinced that at some point during our trip Matt was going to turn to me and say "Lindsey, we're not going home" and am still somewhat surprise that he didn't. It is truly a breath-taking place and a place to awe at God's creation.

My prayer for us (and anyone reading) is that we learn to live out what God's Word says. I pray we love God and love people with a die-to-self kind of love. I pray this starts in our home and spills over into every relationship in our lives.

Here are some pictures to enjoy from our wedding...
A relaxing picnic lunch before heading to Federal Grove

A friend of mine captioned this well..."oh the things that
go through a bride's mind"


                                                

the kiss!

the twinsies ran out to greet us. love these girls
precious moment for me and my dad
our first dance and our sweet audience
listening to the toasts of our best man and maid of honor
and these are just a few pictures from our amazing honeymoon in Alaska...

Boarding the ship!

first formal night




Mt. McKinley


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

making a not-so-joyous thing, a joy

the early days

psalm 46:10