thank | ful | ness

While sitting on our couch, I grab my computer and pull up Facebook. Instead of the normal "what's on your mind" in the status bar it read "what are you thankful for?" Instead of writing a lengthy status on Facebook I decided to write it here. I can think through it and jot down each thing that comes to mind, which is exactly what I plan to do. This post may end up being quite random, but one theme running throughout will be a heart of thankfulness. 

I'm thankful for...


my relationship with Jesus Christ where I experience grace and have the promise of eternity with my creator
my husband who pursued me and strives to be more and more like Christ
my family - dad, mom, step-dad, brother, mamaw, extended family
my fabulous in-laws - they took me in like they had known me their whole lives and made me part of their wonderful family
the church we have joined our lives with and the fact that they've become our family
the girls I get to do life with here in BG
our youth group and the fact that God allows me the privilege of seeing them grow in their walks with Christ
the life God has chosen to trust me with in a place where I'm free to worship, work, make my own choices free from oppression
provision in my life
AC & heat
clean, hot water
great tasting food
a car that is paid off and mine
a job that I enjoy
luxuries like comfy furniture, the dishwasher; television, DVR, internet, cell phones, texting, cameras
a home with extra bedrooms and space for guests
mello yello
sports
chess bars
board games
starbucks
aldi
the color blue
living in a state that experiences each season
blue jeans & hoodies
a garage to put my car in when it's cold/rainy
the movies
TV on DVD
the occasional chance to dress up
a good book
lazy Saturdays

While there is always more to be thankful for, I believe I am done for now.


Happy Thanksgiving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

making a not-so-joyous thing, a joy

the early days

psalm 46:10