psalm 46:10

Just a short post about how God showed up today.

This morning I was packing Matt's lunch and was quickly (because I'm always running late) writing the index card that goes in his lunch. Each card contains a verse from somewhere in the Bible and a note from me for the day. This morning, as well as many other mornings, I use the verse of the day from my iPod YouVersion app. The verse for today was Psalm 46:10...
Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted on the earth
I wrote it down, stuck in his lunch box, and didn't think another thing about it. Until...

I was reading some information about PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). In 2009 I went to my doctor for the first time and while explaining some symptoms she looked at me and said based on what I'd been explaining I likely had PCOS. At the time all she told me about it is that it might make it harder to get pregnant. In 2009 I was single and while I had the hope of marriage and children someday I was not at that season yet so honestly I didn't do much beyond that one doctor's appointment. No research, no questioning, no thinking about it really.

Then, there came Matt.

Now, being married and discussing children and wondering when God will see fit to give us children I have become increasingly curious about this PCOS business. After doing some research today I realized there is a little more involved than just "it might be harder to get pregnant". As I read all about it I became a little anxious and somewhat fearful. This then lead to prayer, which is good, but it also led to dwelling on what this could mean, which is not good. Let's just be honest, I obsessed the rest of the afternoon. Until...

I remembered the verse I had quickly and without much thought written on Matt's note card.
Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted on the earth.
That verse was for me this morning. I think God enjoys doing that for his children. Knowing exactly how my day would go and knowing that he had set up this gentle reminder that would come in precisely the right moment to relieve the thoughts and fears of a his anxious daughter.


For His glory and my good.

Comments

  1. love this one today. You are absolutely the sweetest & I love that you make his lunch and an index card for him. I know that he also loves it, but I'm so glad God used it to bless you too. Miss your sweet face. Let's catch up over break!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

making a not-so-joyous thing, a joy

the early days