the early days

What a whirlwind week. Oliver arrived 10 days early and the last 4 days have been the beginning of a lifelong journey that Matt and I have been looking forward to for the last 9 months. Parenting our sweet boy. It has been incredible. I just nursed him and he is sleeping soundly and as I watch him I am in awe. In awe that God formed him, knows him, is pursuing him even now, and finally entrusted him to us. Just...wow. 

[pause. the sweet one I was just talking about has just filled his diaper and this mama has a job to do...5 minutes and one dirty diaper later, we're back.]

Let the sap continue......

He's perfect! Trust me, I know he's not really perfect, but I understand that love a parent has for a child now and for just a little while I want to revel in the illusion that he's perfect.

I think that's all I'll write for now. I do have pictures to share from our first few days.

Oliver Graeme Turley
9/22/13 at 12:57 am

first family photo





Just before we left our labor & delivery room to head to the postpartum floor

wide awake for the first time being held by his grandma...
who is still yet to be dubbed with a name!

Great Grandma loving on Oliver

My dad aka Oliver's "Freddie" meeting him for the first time


his sweet little legs all relaxed while I nurse him



heading home!!




Yep, they let us leave with him, ha!



home sweet home



love this sweet little naked baby...just after feeding him


resting after his first trip to the doctor
Oliver is now 4 days old and doing so well. I can't stop looking at him. Part of me wishes he'd stay this small forever, but then I also look forward to learning all about this little boy as he grows to be a man. Thank you, Lord, for this gift! I pray we steward this huge responsibility well and do so with grace all the while relying on You and knowing that is the only way we could ever parent him the way we ought to.

Comments

  1. You look like such a natural mother and your words just exude the love of Jesus for this precious boy! Lindsey he is beautiful!! I so enjoy seeing your story as a Mother unfold. Prayers today as you and your husband learn together with the truth of God in parenting this amazing little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post and update! So excited for you, thanks for letting others join in this journey with you by sharing your stories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

making a not-so-joyous thing, a joy

psalm 46:10