being prepared

Back in October we had the opportunity to babysit some not-so-baby-size boys. Two boys from our church family were picked up from school by me on a Friday and stayed with us until Saturday evening. This was my first experience in a car rider line at a school and while the school has it down to a science I was still a little anxious as to whether or not I was following correct procedures, if I'd be allowed to get the boys, if I was messing up some parent who knows the routine....in my head I could hear some friends of mine saying "fear of man, Lindsey, just stop worrying" and they would most likely be proven right by the pounding in my chest that didn't stop until I had both boys safely in my car!

The title of this post was inspired by the fact that the whole weekend I kept having the thought "God, you are teaching us, always preparing us for what's to come". It was a joy to have the boys in our home and a joy to watch my husband with these two precious fellas. We get to have them in our home again this weekend while their parents finish up a three part conference on Biblical counseling. So grateful for people in our church who are seeking this kind of training and for these parents who are willing to trust us with their boys for a couple days!

Can't wait to see what this weekend brings us!

Update...here are some pictures from our weekend. It was a lovely time with some fun, upbeat boys. 
He is an expert tree climber. I made him promise no broken bones!


Pint size tree for this pint size little man


Because the boys were building guns out of some old boxes and styrofoam
I was able to make room for my car in the garage!

Comments

  1. How did I miss this? I am not sure that Aaron and I could ever express to you and Matt what a blessing you were to us....and to our boys. Upon signing up for the conference we wre just praying that God would take care of the details and did He ever show up big! Beign able to leave the boys in a home where I knew they would be loved, protected, corrected and cared for was amazing. I LOVE when the face of God looks like people that you know. In this case it looked just like The Turley's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

making a not-so-joyous thing, a joy

the early days

psalm 46:10