it takes an army

I love my church family.

God placed Matt and I (and now our soon to arrive son) in a community of people who we can join our lives with and work together with for the glory of God and the spread of the Gospel. It's incredible. That fact is fleshing itself out this week at Vacation Bible School. We have successfully completed two nights of VBS: Sports and I couldn't be more pleased with how everyone has pulled together to love on kids this week for the sake of the Gospel.

It truly does take an army and I am humbled by the droves of people who have given up their time each night (and the time it took to prepare for the week) to make this happen.

Anxious to see what God is going to do with this week. What seeds will be planted in the hearts of the children attending, what things God will teach adults who are helping, in what ways sanctification will happen in the lives of those involved, and whatever else our great God might have in store.

I'm grateful that God has blessed me with an easy pregnancy for many reasons and being able to be a full part of this week without much limitation is one of them. I move a little slower than I would normally and by the end of the day I realize the toll the day has taken, but in the grand scheme of things I have been affected very little by scurrying around VBS while 6 1/2 months pregnant! 

I believe the kids are having a great time with the sports theme! I feel one sure sign of this are the stinky sweatbands I am currently running through our washer! The kids are playing hard each night and hopefully learning just as much about who God wants us to be on and off the field. 

Those are just some thoughts on the week so far. If you are helping with VBS this week please read this and know you are such a valued member of the team making this week happen. THANK YOU!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

making a not-so-joyous thing, a joy

the early days

psalm 46:10