lunch stealer!

This morning I returned to work after a long weekend and it was also the first day of my earlier schedule (only 15 minutes earlier, but still!). So while I did get up on time and made it out the door on time it was not the smoothest of mornings. The alarm buzzed probably 10 times before either me or Matt got out of bed, I couldn't find anything to wear, and then I ran out the door with Matt's lunch! I pack lunch for us both every morning and this morning even after pointing out that his was on the table and mine was on the counter I grabbed his lunch on accident as I was rushing to the door. I didn't even realize it until in my transition from one school to another I saw I had a text from my husband that just said 'lunch stealer!'. Sure enough, when I got back in my car I quickly saw that he was correct in his accusation and that I had left with his lunch this morning instead of my own.

So, why do I even find this blog worthy (as if anything really is or isn't blog worthy)? Well, one because I think it's funny and two because ironically the note I put in his lunch today had a scripture on it that I said to myself "...could be for me." I put the scripture Proverbs 17:28 (ESV) on his note card today because that's what came on for the verse of the day on my YouVersion app. It was a great reminder to me though. As I wrote it I was thinking this is more applicable to me than to Matt because so often I feel the need to speak instead of understanding the wisdom that comes with silence. The verse reads like this...
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is deemed intelligent. Proverbs 17:28
Now, hear me in this...I don't like to think of myself as a fool, but in many ways I am foolish and so often that foolishness is related to my words. Just the other day I spouted off something to Matt that immediately I regretted and quickly apologized for. In the worlds eyes it was nothing, not mean, not harsh, in fact it would have likely been seen as witty and sarcastic, but my goal is not to conform to the world's standard of speech and humor. My goal is to conform to Christ and so often my words are the first to need the transformation. 

I guess I just need to remember that sometimes all the situation needs from me, the wisest choice, is ...... silence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

making a not-so-joyous thing, a joy

the early days

psalm 46:10