27 on the 27th

It's been a birthday to remember. I turned 27 today and life is good. I'm married to the man of my dreams, 30 weeks pregnant with our first child - a son, and celebrating with family all weekend! Matt's family came today and my family comes tomorrow because the next big event for the weekend is our baby shower in Bowling Green! We are unbelievably blessed by our church family. They are throwing us, much like they throw every expectant couple, a baby shower and it truly is just that. From my experience of attending these showers, the church pulls together and literally showers you with thoughtful gifts that will make transition into parenthood that much easier. It's incredible. 

For birthday festivities, beyond just looking forward to family arriving, Matt and I along with his mom and dad went to Garcia's for dinner and then Orange Leaf for dessert! It was perfect! Garcia's was delicious and Orange Leaf topped off the evening with just enough of something sweet to make an expectant mama happy! Yum. Not only did I get to pick where we ate, but they even brought gifts, which was in addition to the sweet and thoughtful gifts my hubby gave me this morning! We got a beautiful blanket handmade by our sister Ashley (a belated wedding gift), I got a pretty blue maternity dress, which I will be wearing to church tomorrow (yay!), some fun smelly-good stuff, a great devotional for whatever table or shelf is closest while I'm rocking baby Oliver, a Mumford & Sons CD, fabulously comfy flip flops, and beautiful flowers! What a day!

Very much looking forward to continuing this weekend and likely adding to this blog post as the weekend comes to a close and things have calmed down. 

   

God is so good to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

making a not-so-joyous thing, a joy

the early days

psalm 46:10